Why Fiberglass Planters?
Jay Scotts Knows Fiberglass! There are lots of choices when it comes to fiberglass plant planter products.
How do you know you’re selecting the best products?
Jay Scotts Fiberglass Planters are constructed of the highest quality materials prepared by highly skilled craftsmen made to last and to maintain their beauty for years to come!
Top-quality fiberglass planters are truly a work of art that requires many processes over a period of time by expert artisans to create Jay Scotts finished flawless products.
Each fiberglass planter is created with a custom mold in the exact size, shape, and dimensions of the final product. Then fiberglass sheets are carefully and expertly cut, shaped and inserted into and surrounding the mold. High-quality polyester resin is then applied several times over the mold (depending on the size and shape of the planter) to create the final product.
Once the final coat becomes hard, the planter will then be taken to the finishing department where each of Jay Scotts products is meticulously finished by hand by highly skilled artisans. Like an expensive fiberglass boat or car, the finishing department trims the product of any excess materials and evenly sands the fiberglass surface so that the finish is flawless and smooth. This process is time-intensive but necessary to produce the exquisite, durable quality plant planters that Jay Scotts customers have come to love and to expect.
Many competitors take shorts cuts that become obvious in the esthetics, quality, and wear of fiberglass planters, which is why the hand-finishing process is so important and has become the hallmark of Jay Scotts success and quality in producing fine planters.
Jay Scotts Fiberglass Planters:
- High-quality flawless construction
- Attractive décor enhancers
- Ideal for commercial or residential use
- Indoor/Outdoor use: weatherproof UV protection, frost-resistant
- Minimal care and maintenance required (occasional wax/polish)
- Are overly heavy. If the product feels heavy, it’s likely that the manufacturer added fillers to the resin. Fillers sacrifice quality and make the products less valuable and durable.
- Large lumps or strips of fiberglass matting indicate poor construction and improper finishing. Poor quality planters are rough rather than smooth, with waves, bumps or imperfections in the finish, which may mean that the product has been made on unsuitable equipment and corners have been cut with poor finishing techniques.
- Jay Scotts products are lightweight because we use high-quality polyester resin.
- Each Jay Scotts product is carefully hand-finished. When you feel the surface of our products, or inspect the interior, it is smooth and continuous, which is what you should expect from high-quality fiberglass planters.