Customer satisfaction is our priority. Our team is committed to better understanding your needs and working to exceed your expectations for quality, service and timely delivery.
Apply online with your basic company information at www.jayscotts.com. Some additional
documentation may be required.
- Jay Scotts does not offer terms. All orders must be paid in full at the time the order is confirmed.
- Payment methods include: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover Card, check or electronic checks (e-check) with a signed authorization. E-check orders include a 1.5% discount on products.
- Jay Scotts offers 18 standard color options. Custom color application is available, please contact our office for additional information. Custom color fees are non-refundable.
- Returned checks will incur the maximum processing fee as allowed by law.
- Orders are confirmed and processed upon payment. Payment reserves inventory for your order and items are placed in prep and paint/finishing queue.
- A sales confirmation will be sent upon receipt of payment. Customers must review all details including color selection, quantity, bill to and delivery address and request for drainage holes.
- Ship dates are noted on your sales order confirmation and indicates the day your item will ship, be ready for pick up, and or delivered by Jay Scotts.
- Shipping date is based on current lead time and is dependent upon items passing quality control.
- Changes to existing orders – including, but not limited to, quantity, color or planter style – must be made in writing to [email protected] or faxed to 954-922-3940. Changes must be made within 24 hours of payment. Once confirmed, Jay Scotts will provide written confirmation and revised sales order confirmation.
- Backordered items include an estimated time of arrival (ETA) line on the sales order. The date in this line item is when the inventory is expected to arrive.
- Backorders will be filled within 7-21 days of the arrival date of a shipment.
- Backorders will be shipped as available without notice.
Custom Planter Orders
- Jay Scotts provides custom designs upon request, please contact our office for information.
- Are subject to a minimum quantity.
- Are subject to a product development design/mold fee.
- Custom designs are the property of Jay Scotts unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
- Orders are free on board (FOB) Jay Scotts Company, Dania Beach, Fl unless otherwise noted.
- Standard orders are curbside delivery only. Additional services such as residential delivery, appointments or other requests may require additional fees or surcharges.
Missing or Damage Items
- Inspect your shipment for signs of obvious damage. You may refuse the shipment should you receive it not intact or damaged. If you choose to accept the shipment from the carrier, make a note on the BOL (bill of lading) of any damage to the boxes, planter(s), or packing material. You are entitled to open each box and inspect the goods. If the driver will not stay, make a note that you were unable to check for concealed damage.
- Damage details and images must be reported in writing immediately to customer service at [email protected] Photos should include the damage, cartons, and packing materials.
- If damages are not noted at the time of delivery, Jay Scotts will not have recourse and will be unable to compensate you or resolve this issue on your behalf.
- Returns are acceptable within 14 days of receipt and no product may be returned to Jay Scotts without written consent.
- Unauthorized returns will not be eligible for credit.
- Returns must be in the original box with all the packaging material.
- In some cases, customers may be assessed the original shipping cost and are responsible for pre-paid return shipping.
- Custom planters and planters with drainage holes are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- Credit for returns is subject to inspection of the product and packaging material.
- Authorized returns may subject up to a 25% restocking fee, the remaining balance will be issued in the form of a merchandise credit.
Your Order Is On The Way
Orders may qualify to ship by ground/parcel. We use FedEx Ground for delivery. A tracking or PRO (another type of tracking number) number will be sent to you when the order has been picked up from our warehouse so you may follow the delivery of your order. Please note, the tracking numbers may not be immediately available in the carrier’s system, please give 24 hours from our notification to begin tracking.
A freight shipment is anything too large or too heavy for a parcel shipment. Freight shipments are always packaged on a pallet. Pallets are loaded up onto a freight truck at our warehouse with a forklift. These types of shipments require a loading dock, forklift or another method of removing pallets from the truck at the delivery site.
Carriers generally provide reliable transit days; however, some transit times may vary due to order volume, weather congestion or other unforeseen circumstances.
A Bill of Lading (BOL) is a detailed list of goods consigning the shipment to the carrier from Jay Scotts. This document is issued by the carrier and kept with the driver to present to you when your order is delivered. A BOL tracking number (also called a PRO number) is provided to Jay Scotts when the order is picked up by the carrier but may not be available for tracking for up to 24 hours.
Freight orders are typically delivered to a commercial address. Residential freight deliveries are subject to a surcharge and require liftgate service. Carriers are not movers and will not assist in the delivery. Additional services include a fee:
Liftgate: A liftgate allows freight to be lowered to the ground from the truck’s tailgate and is
considered a special service.
Appointment: Most carriers offer a window for delivery that may be up to 4 hours.