Believe it or not, many studies have proven that sitting for prolonged periods of time is just as bad for your health as smoking a pack a day. While some jobs require employees to sit for most of the work day, there is one thing an employer can do in order to create a healthier office environment. Plant some of these top 10 air purifying plants around the office to provide cleaner breathing environment so they can focus on getting things done.
- Peace Lilies – The peace lily is not only beautiful and decorative, it also rids the air of pollutants such as ammonia and trichloroethylene.
- Snake Plants – Also known as the “Mother-in-Law’s Tongue”, this plant is aesthetically appealing and a fantastic choice if your office is located in a dry, arid region.
- Spider Plants – Spider plants are popular air purifiers because they are fairly easy to maintain. They love bright light, so it’s best to place this plant next to a window.
- Aloe – Aloe vera doesn’t only soothe problem or sunburned skin, it also does a decent job of removing formaldehyde from the air. Aloe plants also don’t require much care. Just make sure you water it every now and then.
- Jade Plants – Also known as a ‘money tree’, these Chinese plants are believed to bring good luck all while they purify the air. They like lots of sun, so make sure you place them near a window and water periodically.
- English Ivy – This crawling ivy plant reduces airborne particles and has the ability to eliminate formaldehyde that is left behind by those powerful industrial-strength cleaning products.
- Chinese Evergreen – This plant is one of the most versatile on our list. It naturally filters air pollutants and thrives with minimal maintenance.
- Bamboo & Lady Palms – These small palms can grow indoors in shaded areas and are easy to care for. They also knock out benzene, trichloroethylene and formaldehyde.
- Rubber Plants – Formally known as Ficus robusta, these rubbery plants do a great job of filtering the air in order to wipe out toxic chemicals. However, the leaves can be harmful if ingested, so keep this plant up high if you plan on having pets in the office.
- Boston Ferns – Last but certainly not least, the Boston Fern makes a wonderful choice because it removes more formaldehyde from the air than any other plant. It also effectively removes benzene, xylene and other pollutants from the air. Just make sure you water this plant regularly!
Now that you are aware of the top 10 indoor plants for a healthier office environment, it’s time to add some fresh life to your company’s headquarters. There are of course many other plants that clean the air, including the Acrea Palm, Lady Palms, Dracaenas and ficus trees. We invite you to take a look at the commercial planters we offer and please do not hesitate to contact us if you happen to have any questions.